Thursday, January 8, 2015

Unexpected Results

QDAD spark week resulted in (so far) several unexpected favorites.   I'm loving the designs created by members, that comes as no surprise. Mine however are  not as anticipated.  

I shared last post the inspiration photo that I took to kick off the week and the one I was most excited about.  Turns out that design is the one I like the least and maybe worth a revisit. 


When I chose images I deliberately sequenced them to vary the dominant elements and palette. I didn't want members to feel like they just did that color or shape the day before.

The buttons 1-5 are high on the QDAD to Reality list but I need to browse my folder and see if one tops it. 

Although I like Hanalei 1-6 since I already made one from a different vantage point for our MQG's first challenge 3 years ago, that idea doesn't feel very original or necessary. 

22x25 My first Mini and freeform quilting 

The buttons 1-5 are high on the QDAD to Reality list but I need to browse my folder and see if one tops it.  

Even though I tend to sew with vibrant sometimes over the top fabrics the more subtle combos appeal to me more so.  That was unexpected. 

2 comments:

  1. I would love to see a gallery of all the quilts! Wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I LOVE the Hanalei mini! It is beautiful! You even have the ripples in the water. Just wow.

    ReplyDelete

Let me know that you stopped by - leave a comment and make my day!