Monday, February 17, 2014

Skill Builder BOM 2014 Fabric Pull

With many, many things that I could be doing today I found myself a tad bit distracted by Pile O' Fabric's Stash Share. I was drawn to the colors in Alyssa's picture: Straw, Gold, Wheat, Celery, Asparagus, Prussian.

One of my goals as I've said is to work from stash so that I can save $ for QuiltCon 2015 and any excuse to bond with my fabric in theory, should ease the urge to buy.
Skill Builder BOM 2014 Fabric Pull by capitolaquilter

Skill Builder BOM 2014 Fabric Pull, a photo by capitolaquilter on Flickr.

One thing led to another and my sewing room was suddenly in a complete upheaval. I did manage to decide on and pull a collection of fabrics to use in the Skill Builder BOM 2014 project by expanding on the initial inspiration and by uploading the Pup Art quilt picture to Palette Builder2 at Play Crafts.

I also recognized that the palette was subconsciously based on this stack of goodies given to me by a friend who thought "they looked like me" - thanks Tina!

Odds are that I'll change my mind along the way - you can see I already swapped out more of an indigo for the teal green - but at least there's been progress made to catch up.

3 comments:

  1. I love your fabric! My phone is broken so it won't hook up to wifi so I haven't been able to see a lot of what others have picked. I pulled Notting Hill and some Color Me Retro along with a few solids. I'm finishing up a few other projects before I dive into this one.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a gorgeous pick! :D I have no idea what colors to pick, and that's not helped by the fact that I haven't had a chance to sit down and watch any of the lessons yet. I fear I'm going to be very behind!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those colors and matching threads look so pretty. Great pics!

    ReplyDelete

Let me know that you stopped by - leave a comment and make my day!