Wednesday, June 19, 2013

Still on a fast track

I'm happy to report that the collaborative quilt SBAMQG created for the Heather Ross/Hart's event "you are my sister" is right on track to completion.  The design choice of low volume improv with a pop of navy was a good call.  The members pulled through once again with a "drop everything" deadline and provided an assortment of blocks.  On Friday there was a piecing party at Sue Dee's. I was the official "piecer" and of course placing them on the design wall gave an abundance of options.
The Finished Top
Layout on the Design Wall
Piecing party Feast
Sewn as two panels
Quilt Label
A bit of Sewing Room ReDo progress.  We looked high and low for the extra paint to touch up the wall before installing the new computer desk and cabinet without luck.  For more than a year I kept the chip in my wallet to match thing while out shopping but couldn't find that either.  Since it wasn't going to match, I decided to just get close and call it good.  One evening was spent boarding FQs but I do need to get back on it.
Dottie checking out the open space
H's bound quilt - finished 64x80
This weekend I also showed my son's girlfriend how to put on binding by machine.  I'm still amazed at how she pulled off this huge quilt as her very first.  Matching the yellow and black binding to the quilt at each joint was a smart decision.  It was done in time for Father's day and he loved it.

one of many...many curtains
The majority of progress lately has been the window coverings.  Measuring, cutting and hemming 18 panels with 8 11 more to go. Ugh, not fun. I especially love the sheers we chose to use in our living room (from Ikea) and I used the cut off fabric for casing on another set of sheers for my son's place.

I've got so many old and new projects:
Finished:
18 curtain panels
You Are My Sister SBAMQG Collaborative quilt:
(made 3 blocks, label and pieced the top)

Still To Do:
baby shower bunting and runner
moby style wrap 
2 fabric basket covers
6 bee blocks
21st Bday Quilts (x3!)
cradle bumper and quilt
8 11 more curtain panels (yawn)
Taffy in Bike
Rip Curl backing
bind Row Robin
bind August charity Fairies quilt
Sewing Room ReDo
more..more...more..

Linking up to WIP Wednesday at Freshly Pieced and Finish It Up Friday at Crazy Mom Quilts

13 comments:

  1. Love the low volume fabric selection. I need to update my stash with some lighter fabrics so I can jump in on one of these. Beautiful work!

    Nicole @ Modern Handcraft

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your (guild) low volume quilt turned out great! and you are keeping busy busy!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the low volume fabulousness.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That improv quilt is so fantastic! Looks like you had tons of fun making it, too :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. So much loveliness! That quilt top is awesome. Good luck with the curtains. I keep telling myself I should make some, but that seems like it would take so much work... :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh my gosh Karen, you have been busy!! I LOVE how the low volume quilt came out, you guys did a fantastic job on that!!

    I've taken a small break from my charity quilt, but I need to get back at it if it's going to get done in time!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Nice job on the guild quilt! Beautiful!

    k

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love the LV with the navy - it is so pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great finishes! I really like that improv quilt! I think it's the colors.

    ReplyDelete
  10. visiting from finish it up friday. I love love the piecing. What a list of stuff you set for yourself. Whew

    ReplyDelete
  11. The low volume quilt is so gorgeous!
    Go on with your to do list :)

    ReplyDelete

Let me know that you stopped by - leave a comment and make my day!