Monday, November 12, 2012

Sew Modern Monday & Ruby Star WAL

linking up to {Sew} Modern Monday with Megan at Canoe Ridge Creations with my finished zipper pouch. 
I'll be mailing this off this week to my Post-Sewing Summit partner and can't wait to see what she thinks.  Hand appliqué was easy because of the linen fabric I was sewing on and I'm pretty proud of how hidden the stitches are. After several failed attempts to embroidery Sewing Summit 2012 on the pouch I gave up.  No matter what I tried it just distracted from the hexi flower which after all was the focal point.  Hopefully she will just remember what it's from without the words.


here is my Ruby Star Wrap along paper flower. I decided to combine magazine pages and newspaper to make it and added stacked buttons for a variation.  It's quite large so it felt like it really needed the extra embellishment.  Rather than trace the shape I used a glue stick on the template then just cut around it when I was done to reuse again.  Follow the hop and visit Elizabeth Hartman at Oh, Fransson! to see the ones she made.

Happy Quilting, Karen

No comments:

Post a Comment

Let me know that you stopped by - leave a comment and make my day!