Friday, May 23, 2014

Blogger's Quilt Festival ROYGIV

Rip Tide - Rip Curl

Usually UFO's get a bad rap in my book and we dig them out, dust them off and finish them with a bit of obligatory resentment.  Fortunately for Rip Tide - Rip Curl, this was far from the case.    
It was made using a sort of children's novelty fish theme fabric all cut up into little parts and sorted to blend across the quilt with a nice flow.  Layout was super fun to do.   I had set aside the rest of the wave fabric for binding to tie in the inner boarder, thank goodness because like I said, it sat for several years as a top.  
The back was a lot more improv and reflects my current design style.  Creating it at our MQG retreat makes it especially memorable.  
Finished up in time for a Christmas quilt for my son and his family - they obviously loved it.

It's the most Rainbow quilt that I've made in recent history so I'm happy to link up to ROYGBIV Blogger's Quilt Festival Spring 2014. Check out all of the entries at Amy's Creative Side and don't forget to vote for your favorite. 


1 comment:

Let me know that you stopped by - leave a comment and make my day!