Wednesday, February 12, 2014

Palm Springs Weekend with Heather Ross and Friends

Sneaking away with my good friend Sue to Palm Springs was such a treat. 
Here we are being silly! Anne was suppose to be the E but she took our picture instead :)

The weather was a disappointment but the rest was fabulous.  
It was cold - not snowed in, schools closed kind of cold, but high in the sixties -really?

Hanging out crafting with Heather Ross was the best! 
She is just so entertaining I could listen to her tell stories all day long. 
Annabel Wrigley  and Gretchen Hersch  were both adorably sweet and incredibly talented. 
Lovely Swag Bag goodies
The workspace was beyond amazing. There were 20 ladies from all over and so very friendly.
My chandelier survived the plane trip home but needs to have the pompoms reattached to cover up the exposed wires - until then I'm hanging it for safe keeping in my sewing room.
I'm use to the constant roar of the machine at a Quilt Retreat so this felt so different.  Brand new Horizons were provided to us and yet I missed my Symphony (spoiled I know). 
Sue and I made these adorable little baby pants from a free Made by Rae pattern.
Heather's demo - she makes everything look easy!
Such tasty food and I loved all of the lettering on the signs. 
Even the key card to our room was inspiring. 
It was warm enough at one point to sit by the pool in the sun and Zentangle.
I hadn't bee on a bike in years but couldn't resist giving a cruisers a spin around town.
I'm thinking of making my Inkodye tea towel into a sewing machine cover so that I can have it nearby.  Thanks for the good times Heather and friends. Hope to see you all again someday.

3 comments:

  1. Looks like you had a great time! My husband and I stayed at the Ace Hotel in NY last year and it was very cool. Love your tea towel :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, that looks like so much fun!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your idea of using the tea towel as a sewing machine cover! That's so clever. :D

    ReplyDelete

Let me know that you stopped by - leave a comment and make my day!