Saturday, June 22, 2013

It's all about the Segue...

Today's post is all about the Segue... Modern Mini Challenge winner Wild Card was announced at Ellison Lane Quilts.  I totally gravitated to it from the moment I saw it and although there were too many great ones to choose from, I'm happy that one of my favorites won.   Competition makes me uncomfortable so I appreciate that she also had a bunch of prizes for random participants.

Speaking of playing along and winning...Last year I won during the Zakka Sew-Along. Now it's week 3 of the Zakka Along 2.0 and I've been watching from the sidelines until my book arrives.  Anna at Noodlehead featured her adorable Tea Cozy but the tea bag pouch re-purposed into a needle holder by Sewzalot* was super clever and I just may need to visit that one.   Debbie at A Quilter's Table is spearheading the hop along with Lindsey.  Her quilt Auspicious Sky was part of the recent Seattle MQG Modern Solstice show and I really enjoyed seeing all of the other quilts in this post.

Speaking of MQG Quilt Shows...Ours will be hanging at SueDee's in the month of September which means I really should get on it and finish up (or start LOL) something for it.   Their Shop Hop theme is Steam Punk and is in full swing around these parts. Last year a I managed to hit every single location (blogged here). This year it may be only theirs. I've used both of the tools I bought but haven't touched the fabric or pattern.

Speaking of tools... Wanda at Exuberant Color blogged about cutting 120 triangle with a single crank  - now that's a serious toy!  She's the first blogger I ever followed and I admire her eye for color and design.  She also uses batiks quite heavily and I need to tap into that inspiration again after hitting the wall with my Sewing Room Redo when it comes to the sheer volume that I own.  Using it rather than just storing it seems a good approach.

Speaking of my RedDo....I'll sign off with a full circle segue back to the mini from and a photo of the new home for my FTLOS2 swap from June on the door.  It use to hang on the only wall space in my room but hubby is installing the final piece of the puzzle and a shelf will go there. I'm kind of known for (and proud of) my unconventional solutions so I think it fits right in.

How about you - do you have any display or storage that is unconventional in your Sewing room?

2 comments:

  1. Valerie is so sweet, AND talented, I'm really happy for her that her mini won. :) It was so awesome seeing all those minis!

    I'm excited for you and your progress on the sewing room! It was great to see it in person. :D And thank you again for the basting help! I'm about 1/2 way done with the quilting. Might finish tomorrow but I have a birthday party I should probably go to...

    ReplyDelete
  2. The show sounds great! Good luck k with your project for it! Thx for the sew along shout out BTW! I put shelves in the sewing room closet and gave my stash organized therein.

    ReplyDelete

Let me know that you stopped by - leave a comment and make my day!