Friday, February 15, 2013

Tassels - Complete

Tassels - Complete by capitolaquilter

Tassels - Complete, a photo by capitolaquilter on Flickr.
Well here it is - so exciting to share this quilt. Thanks to an amazing - and wonderfully exhausting day with friends I have a photo shoot to share. This time it wasn't the beach/redwoods tourist trek like with the QuiltCon charity quilt with Anne but rather the picturesque meadows with Sue.

Tassels has been a long time coming since the tutorial and deserved a proper introduction to the world. The gorgeous blue sky and open fields of Corralitos was the perfect setting.
I could not have asked for a warmer day for galavanting around .....
mid-70's mid-February, that's my kind of weather
Thank you Friends+Fabric=A Modern Stash Bee from April 2012 for all of the great blocks.
Linking up to Finish it Up Friday at Crazy Mom Quilts and TGIFF at Sewing by Moonlight.  
Previous Tassel posts here, here and here

61"x73" Pieced and FMQ on my BabyLock Symphony with Aurifil 50 and 40
Officially off the list! The completion is especially sweet because this poor quilt rolled from one quarter of Finish-Along to the next and then into January AND February of A Lovely Year of Finishes

EDIT: Linking up to 2013 FAL Q1 with Leanne of She Can Quilt as one of the 6 of 7 qualifying projects done.  1) No Inherent Sense of Direction 2) Tassels 3)Driving in Circles 4) Luminosity 5) Sisterly Love 6)QuiltCon Charity.
2013 FAL Q1 Goal Mosaic 

17 comments:

  1. What an absolutely gorgeous quilt! From the pattern to the fabrics to the quilting - even the back is beautifully done! I pinned it :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is really awesome! Blue is my favourite colour - I love the shades in your quilt. Well done!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It is positively stunning! Congratulations on such a gorgeous finish!

    ReplyDelete
  4. oh it's really lovely! I like it ALOT!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a beauty! Beautiful setting for your big reveal, too. Congratulations!

    ReplyDelete
  6. That is so pretty! Love those blues and the cute little stars... What a great layout.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great finish, Karen! It turned out so pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Gorgeous!! Of course I'm biased for shaded coloring but this is truly stunning!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love all the blues with the yellow stars! Gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  10. So pretty!! I need to make something like this high school football games... Those are my sons school colors :) Awesome job!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Eeeep what a great project. Thanks for linking up!

    ReplyDelete

Let me know that you stopped by - leave a comment and make my day!