Tuesday, January 1, 2013

Looking Ahead and Staying on Track

Goal Setting for the New Year with the help and encouragement of several groups and link ups:

QUARTERLY

FALQ4 with Rhonda at Quilter in the Gap . With a list of four items, two are finished but the other two are close: stat=50%.  I'm so happy that Leanne at She Can Quilt will be carrying the torch in 2013 with FAL, Q1 links up on the 7th.  How does time fly by so fast?  Here are my FAL mosaics from each quarter and my last post  recapping completed projects of 2012:

she can quilt
FAL Q4
FAL Q3
FAL Q2
FAL Q1

MONTHLY

A Lovely Year of Finishes The other group I've joined to keep myself on track is A Lovely Year of Finished at Fiber of All Sorts and Sew BitterSweet Designs. Thanks Shanna and Melissa.  This is one goal in one month : brilliant if you ask me.  Like one foot in front of the other, not so hard when you put it that way. For January I chose Tassels because it rolled from Q2 to Q3 to Q4 without a finish!  (I also love Fresh Sewing Day)

WEEKLY

WIP Wednesday at Freshly PiecedOf course WIP Wednesday and Finish it Up Friday are my weekly check in linky parties, the bread and butter of staying the course.  I don't make it every time but I sure do try.  Hopping around to all of the great blogs is so much fun and I especially love when visitors leave me a comment...hint hint....

I've been on a Madrona Road journey (read more about the challenge here).  Not sure what I'll bind or back the quilts in since almost every scrap of fabric has been used up with the three projects.
Madrona Road Quilt Top #1

Madrona Road Quilt Top #2

Madrona Road Project #3
Table BED Runner Back
Finished

Table Bed Runner Specs:

size: 21"x37" Violet Craft Madrona Road and Michael Miller Cotton Couture Periwinkle
warm and natural cotton batting, pieced and quilted with aurifil thread 50wt on my BabyLock Symphony. Made for The MQG challenge and as a gift for my son's Study Abroad hostess in Argentina. He wanted something made in their flag colors.

UPDATED: when he gave it to her she wanted to use it as a Bed Runner instead and since their beds are smaller (especially compared to a California King LOL) I got an iMessage from his showing that it drapes quite nicely and looks very pretty. Linking to the challenge FINISHED flickr group.

Complete: 4+
Madrona Road Table Runner
Casserole Carrier
Pot Holders (christmas gift)
Round Bottom fabric basket (christmas gift)
Helped my son and his girlfriend with lots of presents: 7 ornaments and take out boxes, 2 blankets, kitchen towels, stocking, key fob... they did better than I did.

Progress: 3
Madrona Road Quilt #1
Madrona Road Quilt #2
Tassels back pieced

Back Burner: 4+
SBA MQG Secret Tote Swap
Photo Inspired PVQA challenge
F+F2 January blocks
MoStash January blocks

Linking up to Amanda Jean at Crazy Mom Quilts Finish it Up Friday and Lee at Freshly Pieced WIP Wednesday.
What are your goals and what keeps you on track?

13 comments:

  1. Love your Madrona Road quilts and table runner. Are you doing them as part of a Modern Quilt Guild project?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, our MQG is taking part in the challenge and I also purchased fabric so that I could make my quilt(s) larger.

      Delete
  2. Your Madrona Road projects are just stunning! And the quilting on the table runner is amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I finished my Madrona Road and have to say I loved it, but it looks completely different than yours. That's the beauty of this fabric line: depending on which colors are selected, the quilt is a chameleon. (I went for the blues and oranges.) I'm impressed your were able to get two done--sounds like you'll be having a lot of finishes this year, given your determination. I should follow your example--bravo!

    Elizabeth E.
    opquilt.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great way to organize! I do wip Wednesday and the quarterly FAL - both VERY helpful!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow you have made good progress on the Madrona Road Challenge items.

    ReplyDelete
  6. wow, you have some beautiful works in progress, ad your quilting on that runner is just lovely! I am stopping by from the WIP hop, I would love to have you come by and see what I have been up to :) http://domesticdeficitdisorder.blogspot.com/2013/01/wip-wednesday.html

    ReplyDelete
  7. Look at those curves! So cool. I have a few things I want to participate in this year too and need to figure out a way to stay on track.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm so glad you are joining us! Your projects look so amazing, can't wait to see all of your finishes! I am depending on our group to keep me on track, otherwise I just know I won't get anything done! LOL

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your list of goals is very impressive! Best of luck staying on track!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Your list looks great. Love the Madrona Road projects. I too am trying to stay on track with the FAL and WIP - will have to check out the other one you mentioned. thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love the Madrona Road projects! I participate in FAL and WIP Wednesdays also and they really do help in keeping me focused, especially with all of the quilty temptations out there. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love the quilting you've chosen for your table runner, it's stunning.

    ReplyDelete

Let me know that you stopped by - leave a comment and make my day!